Information You Need
Options Counseling is a person-centered, individual decision support process that takes in the consumer’s needs, preferences, values and individual circumstances.
– Seniors age 60 and Over
– Persons with disabilities of any age
– Family members and Caregivers
– Individuals facing rehab or nursing facility admission
– Individuals entering or residing in a nursing facility who are not on MassHealth
The program is funded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs and the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission and offered
through the Suffolk County Aging and Disability Resource Consortium, a group
of non-profit elder service and disability organizations.
The counselors advise people who are soon to be discharged from a hospital or rehab facility; have been admitted to a long-term care facility following a hospital stay; are facing admission to or residing in a nursing facility; or can remain in the community if a family caregiver receives needed assistance.
Niecey Skeens Ext. 2259
Develop Your Plan
The Time Is Now
Whether you are:
– In a nursing home
– In the hospital
– In a rehabilitation facility
– In a community setting
– Or in your own home
An Options Counselor can help you develop your own personal long-term care plan and connect you to options and supports that help you remain in the community.
You May Have Questions
We can help with questions like:
– Can I live in the community safely and independently?
– What services and supports are available for me in my home?
– Can I go to a rehab facility or nursing home temporarily and then return to my home?
– What services, assistive devices, or home modifications are available to support me in my home?
– Will my insurance cover the costs, and if not, what funding resources may be available for services and supports?
Who Do We Serve
Groups We Serve
– Seniors age 60 and over
– Persons of any age who have a disability
– Family members and caregivers
Services We Provide
– Unbiased information about long-term services and supports
– Assistance with referrals and resources as needed
– Information about resources available to pay for the services
– Referrals to experts in the field of your particular disability
– A consumer-driven approach that ensures that your choices are respected
– Follow-up and help with planning next steps
– Counseling when and where you need it