Who We Are

Nearly 50 Years Of Serving The Elderly And Disabled Community In The Boston Area

Our Mission

The mission of Central Boston Elder Services is to provide high quality, responsive, supportive services and programs to the elderly and the disabled in need of health and human services. Central Boston Elder Services seeks in its philosophy to provide services in a manner which reinforces dignity and worth of the individuals and also acknowledges and respects cultural sensitivity, gender and other differences, while serving the community with vision and integrity.

We are committed to partnering with families, caregivers and community entities that embrace the philosophy and our mission to reduce social, economic and health disparities.

Our History

Since 1974, Central Boston Elder Services has been serving elders in the city of Boston by promoting elder independence with respect for their dignity and care. Founded by local community leaders and elder advocates, our agency was established to meet the needs of an underserved minority population in the city’s urban center. As a non-profit organization, CBES stands firm in our commitment as the only Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) within the 27 eldercare agencies to aid in the social and economical development of the communities we serve. Driven by our philosophy, CBES strives to provide high quality, responsive and supportive services and programs to the elderly, the disabled and caregivers. We are governed by an elected board of directors, consisting of 51 percent elders, and the remaining 49 percent professionals and providers.

CBES is a member of the Massachusetts Home care Association, Access Community Care, the National Council on Aging, the American Society on Ageing, the Massachusetts Association of Older Americans, and the Massachusetts Public Health Association.

A History of Central Boston Elder Services, Inc. 1974 – 1994 by Robert C. Hayden

What Our Clients Say

”My CBES care worker is caring; she visits regularly and always wants to know what my needs are.”- Pamela Lester, Client
``CBES services are outstanding. They serve an area that no one else does.``- John Joshua King, Volunteer
``The care managers really care and work hard to get customers the services they need to remain at home.``- Bessie Payne, Rental Manager

Our Partners