Planning for your long-term needs – You have choices – You have a voice
Options Counseling is a free service, providing seniors over 60 and people with disabilities of any age with the information they need on long-term services and supports in order to live independently in their community, regardless of disability or income…
The Family Caregiver Support Program (FCSP) of Boston offers caregivers assistance and support to ease the strain and reduce the challenges of caregiving. Caring for a loved one can often be difficult and frustrating and our goal is to enable all caregivers to provide the best possible care through enhancing their coping skills, increasing their knowledge, and minimizing the stress of caregiving.
• Information and Referral to assist caregivers in accessing services and resources available within their communities
• Individual Caregiver advising to assess needs and identify short-term goals, as well as long-term goals
• Planning for care at home, in alternative community settings, or in a facility
• Respite care to offer temporary relief from the demands of providing constant care
• Supplemental services to complement the care provided by caregivers
• Education and training offered throughout the year
• Referrals for caregivers to local support groups
Senior Transportation Resource & Information Guide
This guide is published by TRIPPS: Transportation Resources, Information, Planning & Partnership for Seniors. This program is funded in part by a Section 5310 grant from MassDOT. TRIPPS is a joint venture of the Newton & Brookline Councils on Aging and BrooklineCAN, in conjunction with the Brookline Age-Friendly Community Initiative.
LGBTQ Aging Resources
Boston ElderINFO LGBTQ Aging Resources Guide
This booklet includes resources that provide programs, services and helpful information to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ) aging community in and around Boston. Inclusion into this resource guide does not imply endorsement of an agency’s purpose, method, or quality of service. Consumers and caregivers are encouraged to evaluate and choose appropriate resources.